Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2013-07-14

Guest Designer | Gościnna projektantka Riikka Kovasin

I am happy to tell you who is our July Guest Designer :) Riikka Kovasin from Finland :)

Jestem szczęśliwa mogąc oznajmić, że naszą lipcową gościnna projektantką jest Riikka Kovasin z Finlandii :)


Nazywam się Riikka Kovasin i jestem fińską mixed-mediową scraperką. Najszczęśliwsza jestem, gdy mogę połączyć moją miłość do pięknych produktów z możliwością ubrudzenia się różnymi mediami. Uwielbiam też eksperymentować z różnymi, niescrapbookingowymi projektami.

Mieszkam w Helsinkach, stolicy Finlandii, z mężem i naszymi dwoma córkami. Moja rodzina jest nieustającym źródłem inspiracji i głównym tematem moich scrapów.

Miałam szczęście zostać projektantką w kilku Design Team'ach, a moje prace były publikowane w prasie scrapbookingowej. Obecnie pracuję dla angielskiego magazynu Scrap365 i blogów wyzwaniowych CSI oraz PaperStories. Uwielbiam też tworzyć kursy video i ogromnie lubię prowadzić warsztaty.

I'm Riikka Kovasin - a Finnish mixed media style scrapbooker. I'm happiest when I can combine my love for the beautiful products with the possibility to get messy with different paint media. I also love to experiment with different, non-scrapbooking related products. 

I live in Helsinki, the capital of Finland with my husband and our two daughters. My family is a constant source of inspiration and it's the main topic in my layouts. 

I have been fortunate enough to get chosen to different design teams and get published. I currently work for the UK based scrapbooking magazine Scrap365 and the challenge sites CSI and PaperStories. I also love to make videos and tutorials and I enjoy tremendously to teach workshops. 

social media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube 

____________________________________________________________________________

I love using mixed media in my projects! The discovery of gesso and spray inks shook my world and changed my scrapbooking style forever. Now I love to personalize the papers with different paint media and leave my hand print in them, so to speak.

Uwielbiam tworzyć projekty mixed-media! Odkrycie gesso i mgiełek wstrząsnęło moim światem i na zawsze zmieniło mój styl scrapowania. Obecnie uwielbiam personalizować papiery używając różnych farb i że tak powiem, zostawiając na nich ślad mojej ręki.

I made this minialbum about an event I attended in April here in Finland, Intohimona Skräppäys, translated Passionate about Scrapbooking. This event is often referred here in Finland using just the initials, IS. The event has workshops, shopping opportunities and you can scrapbook on site.

Stworzyłam ten minialbum o wydarzeniu, z którym uczestniczyłam w kwietniu - jest to Fiński zlot scrapowy Intohimona Skräppäys, tłumaczony jako "Scrapbookingowa Pasja". O tym zlocie w Finlandii mówi się używając skrótu IS. W trakcie zlotu są warsztaty, stoiska sklepowe i można sobie swobodnie scrapować.








I used different techniques inside the album. I wanted it not only to show my style but also document what I had learned during the event. Thus some of the techniques are such I use constantly, and also taught during the event and some are such I learned or discovered during the event.  The cover is inspired by workshops by Birgit Koopsen. The watercolor technique inside the album was introduced by Anna-Maria Wolniak in her workshops.

Wewnątrz albumu znajdziecie wiele różnych technik. Chciałam nie tylko pokazać mój styl, ale także udokumentować to, czego się nauczyłam podczas zlotu. Część technik jest przeze mnie stale używanych i uczyłam innych, jak je stosować właśnie podczas IS, ale części nauczyłam się i odkryłam je dopiero tam. Okładka jest inspirowana warsztatem Birgit Koopsen. Techniki pracy z akwarelami z wnętrza albumu pokazała Anna-Maria Wolniak podczas swojego warsztatu.





The covers of the album are made using a piece of cardboard, die cut strips, crepe paper and mists. As final touch I added some stamping and pencil doodling there too. The decorations on the cover include a piece of aluminium tape embossed and then colored with alcohol inks. I bound the album using twine and made the spine using aluminium tape.

Okładki albumu są wykonane z tektury, wycinanych pasków, mgiełek i krepiny. Ostatnim muśnięciem było stemplowanie i bazgranie ołówkiem. Wśród ozdób znajdziecie także kawałek aluminiowej taśmy, embossowanej, a później pokolorowanej tuszami alkoholowymi. Album połączyłam w całość używając sznurka, a grzbiet wykończony jest taśmą aluminiową.






The inner pages hold details made with gesso, mists, alcohol inks, stamping and Ecoline watercolors. The decorations of the album include some of my favorites - flair buttons, chipboard shapes and wood veneers.

Wewnętrzne strony są pełne gesso, mgiełek, tuszy alkoholowych, stemplowań i kolorowania ecolinami. Ozdoby w albumie to także moje ulubione chipboardy, elementy drewniane i ozdobne "przypinki".






Thank you for looking and thank you Tusia for this amazing opportunity!
Dziękuję za odwiedziny i dziękuję Tusi za tę niezwykłą możliwość!

Riikka

Supplies from Mixed Media Place | Materiały ze sklepu Mixed Media Place:

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful work Rikka! Congratulations on the Guest Designer opportunity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work, Riikka! What a great idea to make a mini album to document what you learned in the workshops. So many exciting techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea to make a mini album about all classes you take! I will do that also :) Congrats to your GD spot and fantastic work! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful album Riikka and the "hand print" you leave on your projects is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on your guest spot :D

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.