Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-09-05

Happy to Fly

We have a very special mixed media treat for you today :)
Beautiful card from Fran with most precious scrapbooking elements and found objects!

 
Hi everyone,

It's Fran here with today's post.  I am sharing this mini card with you created some of my favourite textures; denim, corrugated cardboard, wire and burlap flowers.




I created the background by layering papers and die cut elements adding metal embellishments then softening the composition with flowers. Texture has been added with mica flakes  which I sprinkled into wet gesso ground the flowers.




I used an old jigsaw puzzle piece from my junk box which I painted with gesso, then added paint and pencil highlights. The resin bird was coloured the same way, which works so well when the pencils catch all those details of the bird.


Until next time!

Products from Mixed Media Place:

2 comments:

  1. This is great! It deserves to be framed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and I love the little bird.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.