Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2016-12-20

December challenge



For most of us December is the time of stars, Christmas trees, sending cards, preparing gifts, wrapping presents, cooking, drinking hot tea or coffee under warm blanket, looking at the snow outside, lightning up our homes, spending time with our families, bringing joy and laughter. Today we would like to combine all of these things in one challenge :) Be inspired by our moodboard and create something joyful :)



Inspiration from our Design Team:



This month I decided to keep it simple and re-purpose some materials I had lying around... with just a little bit of paint - something can go from trash to treasure fast!



I used old ephemera - book pages, sheet music, felt, wire and a plaster doll head to bring it all together. I also used hot glue that I painted over with white gesso to add even more texture to the page.





I also incorporated some new with the old - 7 Dots Studio "Fortune Teller" word stickers and Lindy's "Ponderosa Pines Olive" along with beautiful Art Alchemy acrylics play a big part in this piece.

Mixed Media Place supplies:







Creating with natural elements is always so inspiring. For this  Christmas canvas i chose wood sticks and gold foil sheets as my main product.



Tissue paper for the background and white, sparkle glitter! I made my own wired Christmas tree star.






A simple work but still so serene..Lindy's mists and distress ink made my tree canvas...magical! Enjoy the season...

Mixed Media Place supplies:






I love creating Christmas ornaments. This time I decided to embellish jute banner, which I wanted to be more sturdy, so I put a piece of chipboard inside it.


My focal point is big, red flower, that is surrounded by natural objects. like pieces of cinnamon, pine-cones, sisal and other. 



Gesso was my main medium to imitate snow and to create background for the whole project.


Mixed Media Place supplies:





I decided to interpret the challenge in a form of canvas . Here is my creation in 3D. 



As always I have played with textures to make my Christmas creation. I love flowers and leaves. Finnabair Prima products are excellent products to create beautiful projects. 



Of course layers and layers are present for a better staging of my photo.  Fantastic products from 7 Dots Studio and the watercolors from Prima helped me to make the whole canvas more beautiful.


And here is my video:



Mixed Media Place supplies:






The whole year 2016 was filled with lots of problems, obstacles and difficult issues, but even in the hardest moments, I always did my best to see the light. As a reminder I have created a frame, that you can see below - it is also my project for this month challenge.


At first I covered the whole background with ArtAlchemy paints and then I started adding embellishments - Finnabair Mechanicals and Prima Relicts and Artifacts. I covered everything with Finnabair Soft Matte Gel and have added Art Stones and three colours of microbeads.




The colors come from ArtAlchemy paints, Finnabair Mica Powder and Inka Gold paste. 


Finishing touch was adding 7 Dots Studio Homegrown word sticker at the bottom and Scrapiniec chipboard at the top.



Mixed Media Place supplies:


* * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until January 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store
Winner and features will be announced by the end of January.

Have a great day!






8 comments:

  1. Thanks bunches for the great inspiration - love the challenge! And... amazingly enough, I needed a quick gift idea and found it on your mood board - hehehehe!! Off to create something JOYFUL!! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many inspiration!! Wonderful projects, ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mood board!! Great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inspiration. Let's see! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful makes my gorgeous teamies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects !!Thanks for such great inspiration ladies !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the inspirational mood board. Helene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome projects, so many creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.